Frequently Asked Questions about Clubs
- Why should I join a club?
- This depends entirely on you! Whether you want to meet other math students,
go to events that the club organizes, or even run for an executive position and
develop some people skills, it's your call!
- What do Clubs do? What's their purpose?
- The purpose of a club is to further academic and social activities within a particular department(s) or non-departmental programme of the Faculty of Mathematics. A Club shall carry out activities of a particular interest to students within that academic major plan.
- How do they benefit students?
- Clubs benefit students by running events (these range from fun club
activities like movie and poker nights, to special speakers who come in to
talk with students who attend) and offering other services to them (this
depends on the club). They are a good place to meet people with similar academic interests to yourself.
- Do I need to be a member to go to these club organized events?
- It depends on the event. These events are regularly opened up to all students who
wish to attend. There may be a small fee if you're not a member, but this is
up to the discretion of the club in question.
The Mathematics Society of the University of Waterloo
University of Waterloo, MC 3038
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
+1 519 888-4567 x32324 (Main Office)
+1 519 888-4567 x36515 (Executive Office)
The Mathematics Society of the University of Waterloo.
All Rights Reserved.